Saturday, May 21, 2011

holy crepe!

It was Garage of Good day at the Pearl Market so naturally I got up bright and early to see what I could find among the eye candy of discounted clothes, shoes and furniture. We typically go to the Pearl every Saturday for the farmers market but I especially love Garage of Good Saturday's! It is always a good time and the $5 entry fee goes to a good cause.

Side Note: The weather outside today was like you were trapped in a plastic bag! YUCK! Where did this horrible humidity come from and when is it leaving?

As I made my way through Garage of Goods I really didn't find anything which was disappointing. I found  "b" some mini TOMS shoes (super cute) but the smallest size was a 4. She is barely a 2 so who knows how long it would be before those fit and I wasn't going to waste the money to find out! As we were about to exit the GOG, I noticed a big line forming for the food vendor Artisan Crepes. A crepe sounded great so I stood in line and tried to decide what to order. While in line one of the girls who runs the GOG stopped me to say that "b" was precious and compliment her outfit and asked where I had purchased it. When I told her: "I made it" she gasped and mentioned that if I could make more she would love for me to have a booth at the sale. I have never thought of selling the dresses I make but it could be worth looking into.

*** Coming soon: A post all about the cute dresses that I make for one special baby girl!

chocolate, banana, nutella crepe - photo from Artisan Crepes


Back to the crepes! THEY WERE AMAZING! Since my husband and I could not decide what to get we ordered one savory and one sweet crepe! We shared the ham and cheese with tomato and spinach and the banana/ nutella. YUM! They were both equally good though I have to say the banana / nutella mix was my personal favorite! I see a how to make crepes lesson is in my near future! I could and would definitely try to make them on my own and the little one love them so it would make the effort worth it!

Things to do:
learn how to make crepes
look for a crepe pan

Thank you Artisan Crepes! Hope to see you back at the Pearl!

To learn more about Garage of Good check out their facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/garageofgood
Garage of Good Logo

To learn more about Artisan Crepes head to: www.artisancrepes.com

1 comment:

Michelle Stedman said...

yay! I'm still thinking about those delicious crepes. mm mmmm. I added you to my links, too! check it out!

Post a Comment